A cheese quesadilla is one of the easiest meals everyone can make and enjoy. Be it as a quick snack or a full meal served with guacamole, it’s almost impossible to go wrong with a tasty cheese quesadilla! To learn more about our favorite cheese quesadilla recipe, the best cheese for quesadillas, and how to make a cheese quesadilla, keep on reading.
Pick the Best Cheese for Quesadillas
As a Mexican dish, it’s no wonder that cheese quesadilla goes the best with Mexican cheese. That said, the best cheese for quesadillas is either Chihuahua or Oaxaca cheese. These are rather easy to find in both larger store chains and specialized Mexican shops.
However, if it’s difficult to find these two kinds of cheese, it’s recommended to use a combo of Monterey Jack and mozzarella. All you have to do is mix 1/3 of a cup of each. Remember to use a whole block of cheese instead of the pre-shredded one for the best quesadillas.
Main Ingredients for Cheese Quesadilla Recipe
There’s a reason why we said that cheese quesadilla is so easy to make; after all, we just need three ingredients!
- Flour tortillas – Be it homemade or store-bought, it’s impossible to make a mistake with flour tortillas. In general, four medium-sized or 2 large ones are enough.
- Shredded cheese – Shred the whole block of cheese and, as mentioned, don’t buy an already pre-shredded one.
- Salt – For added flavor.
Of course, cheese quesadillas can be served with a favorite salsa for more nutrition.
How to Make a Cheese Quesadilla
Now, let’s talk about the actual cheese quesadilla recipe. Learn how to make a cheese quesadilla like a true chef.
- Start by preparing the tortillas. They should be heated in a skillet for a few seconds just to turn foldable.
- It’s time to add the cheese. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the half of the tortilla and proceed to season with salt as desired. Now fold the tortillas into a half-moon.
- All that’s left to do is cook. Fortunately, quesadillas need to be cooked for only about two minutes with a couple of flips, just enough for the tortilla to turn golden brown on both sides and the cheese to melt.
Et voila! Cheese quesadillas are done and ready to serve on their own or with guacamole salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, etc.
Additional Tricks and Tips
The simplicity of this recipe doesn’t take away from its heavenly deliciousness. Keep in mind the following tips and tricks to make your cheese quesadillas a true treat for your palate.
- Instead of cooking the quesadillas on oil, opting for butter would enhance their taste. All that’s necessary is to melt 1 tablespoon of butter before heating up the tortillas.
- Cooking quesadillas in a microwave is not impossible, but chances are they won’t taste all that great; tortillas can turn soggy and the cheese probably won’t melt evenly.
- Even though we all love cheese, keep in mind that quesadillas won’t benefit from stuffing the tortillas with cheese too much. Balance is the key to this recipe. For instance, use about 2/3 of a cup of cheese for one medium-sized tortilla.
- Nothing can beat cheese quesadilla served fresh and hot. However, in case there are some leftovers, they can be reheated. Do so in a nonstick skillet on low-medium heat for best results.
If you’re a connoisseur of fine cuisine and especially enjoy its taste in a relaxing environment, don’t hesitate to pay us a visit at Rakija Lounge. We’re positive that our Miami-located Serbian-inspired restaurant won’t leave you indifferent; not when it comes to our delectable menu nor the entertainment we offer.