Are you looking for a summer meal that never goes out of style? Nothing beats a fresh and flavorful salad during hot summer days, and you know it! Our menu is full of delicious and light meals ideal for the heat, but one of our personal favorites is most definitely the Cobb salad. Today we are going to share a quick and easy recipe that you can use to prepare the most delicious and nutritious Cobb salad.
The Best Cobb Salad Recipe
The Cobb salad has been a staple of American cuisine ever since the 1930s. Due to its ingredients, it’s considered as a main-dish salad that’s often ordered in restaurants all across the country. Crisp greens and even crispier bacon make it a fan favorite among a wide variety of people. Cobb salad is praised among foodies with a refined interest in food, as well as regular folks who just want a tasty and nutritious meal.
There are several recipes for Cobb salad, and each has its own special ingredient that adds an extra kick to it. What they all have in common is that they are fairly easy to make, so when you’re in a hurry, this quick meal is a great choice. You can prepare it however you like, you can even take it to the next level by adding some of your favorite spices and vegetables, or using a different dressing and making it your own creation. That being said, we’re sticking with what we love the most, and that’s an old fashioned, conventional Cobb salad recipe.
These are the ingredients you’ll want to have at hand when preparing a Cobb salad:
- 6x slices of crispy and hot bacon
- 3x hard-boiled eggs
- 1x large head iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups of diced chicken breasts
- 2x tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup of blue cheese
- 1x diced and fresh avocado
- 1x cucumber, diced
- 3x green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces of homemade or store-bought Ranch dressing
- A small amount of olive oil and vinegar
- Start by preparing the grilled chicken breasts and bacon. Once you’re done with that, leave the chicken on a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes. Leave the bacon on paper towels to drain any excess fat.
- Meanwhile, put the 3 eggs in a medium saucepan and boil them for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remember, this recipe calls for eggs to be hard-boiled.
- Take a large serving bowl, spread the iceberg lettuce and drizzle it with a very modest amount of olive oil and vinegar. You don’t want the oil and vinegar to affect the overall taste of your salad. Instead, you want to add just the right amount that will complement all the greens and other ingredients you’ll add later on.
- Start adding your veggies on top of the iceberg lettuce. Evenly divide and arrange the diced tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, and green onions.
- By now, your chicken should be rested and ready to go into the bowl. Dice it into small pieces and distributed it evenly throughout the bowl. Finish off by adding crumbled blue cheese, crispy bacon strips, and boiled eggs.
- As for the Cobb salad dressing, you can make the extra effort and go with homemade, but if you’re short on time, store-bought Ranch will do just fine. Add it on top, season with salt and pepper, and toss the salad before serving.
And voila! You got yourself a fresh and juicy dish in under 20 minutes! Now that’s what we call an efficient summer meal. So what’s your favorite salad? Tell us in the comments below. Also, make sure to keep up with our blog where we regularly post seasonal recipes that will blow you away.