If you ever watched a cooking show or are taking cooking classes, the fantastic alfredo sauce is probably among the first things you’ll learn how to make. People love making fettuccine alfredo sauce because it’s easy, quick, and most importantly – it tastes phenomenal.
Whether you’re looking to surprise your significant other or perhaps you’re planning on surprising the whole family with a nice meal, this sauce will never fail to amaze. Rest assured, as long as you follow our recipe and a couple of tips and tricks we’ve covered, your friends will be scraping the pan every single time.
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – The Basics
The first step towards this heavenly dish is to get the necessary ingredients.
The ingredients you’ll need are as follows:
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1lb of Fettuccine pasta
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Italian parsley (optional)
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo – Instructions
- Use a large pot and heat the water on high heat until it starts boiling. Add salt to season the water before you add Fettuccine. Once the salt dissolves, add the pasta and cook it per the instructions on the package.
- While the Fettuccine is cooking slowly, take a large pan, add the butter and let it melt over medium heat. Once it melts, add minced garlic and cook it for 1-2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add heavy cream and stir it in.
- Stir and cook the mixture for about 5-8 minutes to let the heavy cream reduce. Add half of the shredded parmesan you’ve prepared and whisk the mixture until it’s smooth. Keep doing this on medium heat until the cheese melts.
- Now that both pasta and the sauce are finished, mix everything together and add the remaining parmesan cheese. Once everything blends in together, sprinkle some more cheese on top if you so desire.
- In case you’ve decided to include the optional Italian parsley, garnish the meal with it once served.
Tips and Tricks for Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce Recipe
As you can tell, cooking this glorious dish isn’t rocket science by any means, but there are some nuances you should know of in order to avoid messing up such a simple recipe.
It is okay to mess up, though, since you can always visit us to try our rendition of this breathtaking meal and see why we’re probably the best pasta restaurant in Miami.
Save Some Pasta Water
Every experienced chef will tell you to save some pasta water, and it’s for a good reason – it’s full of flavor, and it can be used to thin out the sauce. It’s not a mortal sin if you forget about this, but it’s certainly much better than using tap water.
Use Genuine, Refrigerated Parmesan Cheese
Since parmesan cheese is an incredibly important ingredient for this recipe, it is of utmost importance that you use genuine, refrigerated parmesan cheese. If you use any other type of cheese, it will significantly change the taste of the meal and mess up its authenticity.
Use Less Pasta if You Want Your Meal to Be Saucier
Even though the “standard” amount of pasta for this meal is about 1lb, feel free to use less if you want your dinner to be more “saucy.” Don’t worry about it losing its taste or quality; it’s the same dish but with a slightly different consistency.
Have you ever tried making this recipe? What did your friends have to say about your cooking skills? If you want to enrich your recipe book, take a moment to check out some of our other articles! In case you’re looking to take your friends out for a nice dinner in Miami, visit us, and we won’t let you down!