Many people rely on coffee to wake them up in the morning or provide them with an energy boost throughout the day. Turkish coffee will become the new go-to cup of joe for people that enjoy a strong, creamy brew. This is due to the fact that it is prepared in a particular way that results in a strong flavor.
The main question is: WHAT IS TURKISH COFFE?
Turkish coffee is a coffee preparation style that originated in countries across the Middle East and Europe, including Turkey, Iran, and Greece.
It’s created by heating finely ground coffee beans with water (and sometimes sugar) to a frothy foaming stage, just below boiling. Turkish coffee is traditionally made in a cezve, but any small pot will suffice. The brew, including the coffee grounds, is put into cups as it reaches the desired stage. The coffee ground powder settles to the bottom of the cup, leaving just the liquid to be drunk. When compared to other ways of preparation, leaving the coffee unfiltered results in a substantially higher caffeine concentration.
Turkish coffee can be served without sugar; however, it is more commonly made with a moderate amount of sugar.
Cardamom, a spice, is another popular addition to Turkish coffee.
HOW TO MAKE TURKISH COFFEE
To make it at home, follow these steps:
- To create two cups of Turkish coffee, use a hand-operated or electric grinder to ground coffee beans into a fine powder.
- In a small pot with one cup (240 ml) of cold, filtered water, combine four heaping tablespoons of coffee grinds and sugar (if preferred).
- Over medium-low heat, bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Stir the ingredients a few times once the coffee has sunk to the bottom of the pot, being careful not to overmix it.
- Heat the mixture until it forms a thick foam, just before it boils.
- Fill tiny glasses halfway with the mixture and spoon any surplus foam on top of the coffee.
- Allow the grinds to settle to the bottom of the cup before enjoying.
If you are curious to taste traditional Turkish coffee and want to be best made, visit Rakija Lounge and enjoy!