If you read some of our previous articles, you’re probably aware of our passion for Mediterranean dishes. Meaty wonders and hearty delights are our favorites, so it’s no wonder that today we are talking about a recipe that’s finger-licking good! The best part? You don’t even need an oven to make this gorgeous dish. A good skillet (preferably a high-quality Cast-iron one) and a hot stove will do just fine.
But enough with the introduction, let’s get into the meat and potatoes of this article and share our recipe for the best lamb chops you ever tasted in your life!
The Tastiest Lamb Chop Recipe
Now, there are a lot of lamb chop recipes out there that incorporate different methods of cooking. After trying out several ways of making lamb chops, we finally settled for our preferred approach. We’re not necessarily saying our recipe is the best, but we’re quite confident you’ll be satisfied with the shorter prep time, simple instructions, and final result.
But first, let’s address the elephant in the room. Many people find grilling lamb chops intimidating, as there is this notion that it needs to be a complicated feat. We are going to prove those people wrong and teach you how to simply sear your lamb chops in a hot skillet and prepare it in less than 10 minutes.
The secret? Marinating your lamb chops prior to cooking them. By marinating your meat, you can accentuate the rich flavors and add that necessary punch. There’s nothing quite like combining the rich and rustic flavors or lamb with the piney and floral taste of fresh herbs. We included herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and parsley in our recipe. Together with extra-virgin olive oil and a little bit of garlic, these herbs will make your lamb chops taste like heaven.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds or 900 grams of lamb chops (ask your butcher to cut them about ¾ thick)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of the best quality extra-virgin olive oil you can get your hands on
- Salt and pepper
How to Cook Lamb Chops
- Start by generously seasoning your lamb chops with salt and pepper. The salt will help the meat retain its moisture and tenderness. Season both sides equally before applying the marinade.
- Take a small bowl and mix the minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, and a little bit of olive oil.
- Rub the mixture on the lamb chops and leave them to marinate for around 30 minutes (if you have time, you can leave it in the refrigerator overnight)
- Add a drop of olive oil into your skillet and heat it. Once the skillet starts smoking, it’s ready to properly sear your lamb chops and create that crunchy and beautiful crust.
- Sear each side for about 3 minutes or until it turns brown and the crust forms. You can also use a meat thermometer to determine whether the meat is cooked enough or not. If you like your lamb chops medium rare as we do, aim for 130°F, if you’re more of a fan of medium to well-done aim for 140°F.
- One thing most people get wrong is serving the meat directly from the pan. Always remember to leave the meat to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables.
If you decide to make this delicious and fast dish at home, please share your impressions in the comments below. Otherwise, make sure to stop by our Rakija Lounge in South Beach and we’ll have our cooks prepare it for you.