Summer is here! Is your summer body here as well? If not, maybe you should try having a strawberry summer salad as your next meal. During the hot summer days, it’s better to go for something lighter, even if you’re not trying to lose weight.
Eating steak when it’s 90 degrees outside won’t give you the energy boost you might get from the same meal in the winter. Instead, you’ll feel heavy and most likely need a nap. Having something a bit more refreshing and easier will benefit your mood, health, and energy levels.
That’s why we prepared the perfect summer strawberry salad recipe.
After you try it, avocado and strawberry mix will be your go-to for a summer treat. If you want to know what you’ll need to prepare it and want to see a step-by-step guide on how to do it, check out our blog.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- Some type of salad
In order to make a strawberry summer salad, the first ingredient you’ll need is, obviously, salad. First, you need to know what to avoid. Peppery salads like arugula (rocket salad) aren’t the perfect fit for a summer salad with strawberries. Also, going with something like radicchio might be too bitter for this recipe.
Instead, try going with baby spinach. That’s our favorite, at least. Its mild flavor and delicate texture pair perfectly with our strawberry salad dressing of choice.
Just as the name states, your summer strawberry salad will need some strawberries to be perfect. Always try to find fresh ingredients and pick the best produce for your meals. Going to a local flea market might be beneficial and allow you to get the freshest fruit and vegetables. Avocado and strawberry are the heart and the soul of this salad, so make sure they are flawless!
- Poppyseed strawberry salad dressing
Poppyseed turned out to be the ideal mix of mayo and some nuttiness to make a strawberry salad dressing. Poppyseed’s flavor isn’t as strong as most dressings’. Instead, it’s a bit more creamy than most others, and it carries some sweetness.
This salad works just fine without avocado. It does. But it tastes so good with it that it makes no sense to make it without avocado. So, unless you’re allergic, grab one and start making avocado and strawberry summer salad.
Our choice of dressing already adds a bit of sweetness to the salad, so there’s no need for the pecans to be candied. Still, you can go with the ones that have some syrup on them if that’s what you prefer. But try not to go extra with syrup and turn this summer salad with strawberries into a sugary fruit bowl.
Step by Step
- Step one in making this summer strawberry salad is gathering all the ingredients you intend to use. Once you have them, you can proceed.
- Start your salad prep by cutting up the strawberries. This will take the most amount of time to do.
- Your final stage in making the salad is putting it all together.
- Toss the spinach with the poppyseed dressing and put it down in the bowl. This will be your first layer.
- On top of the spinach, lay your strawberries, pecans, and avocado.
- If you want to add protein, grilled chicken might be the best option to make this salad summer-friendly.
- Depending on if you like your salad ingredients mixed or layered, you can give it a toss.
And there you go! In minutes, you’ll have the perfect meal for a warm sunny day. If you, however, want to take a stroll in the sun and still try this refreshing summer salad, swing by our restaurant.