The simplicity of a penne Pomodoro recipe and the few basic ingredients it requires, allows you to take your time with cooking but also give you the possibility to make a prompt and easy dinner in only half an hour. With just a few ingredients on your hands like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and basil, you can experiment with this tomato pasta recipe adjusting its finest taste nuances to your preference. In this article, we are going to introduce you to what is penne Pomodoro, how to prepare penne Pomodoro, and give you some tips on how you can create this dish as you prefer it.
Besides some of the most delicious pasta dishes available, the Rakija Lounge restaurant menu
also offers penne Pomodoro. All expert chefs who create incomparably scrumptious meals recommend penne al Pomodoro as a perfect, light, vegetarian dish choice for any time.
What Is Penne Pomodoro?
Penne al pomodoro is a refreshing tomato pasta recipe rich with bright flavors and amazing aromas. Essential ingredients for the penne pomodoro recipe are tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, spices of your choice, and basil. Making this tomato pasta recipe takes about 30 minutes, so if you want a flavorsome meal and still save up time, making penne pomodoro is an outstanding option.
How to Prepare Penne Pomodoro Recipe?
Before getting all the ingredients you need for making penne al pomodoro, check on your pantry since you probably have it stocked with all the things the dish calls for. After you learn about what is penne pomodoro you get an idea of how simple it is to prepare it. These couple of easy steps will result in an exquisite dish.
- Start by putting olive oil in the skillet. Splash a few drops of water in your frying pan to check if the oil is hot enough.
- Cut up one onion and as much garlic as you like. When the oil is hot enough, place the chopped onion and garlic cloves into the skillet and sauté them for just a little while. Be careful, you don’t want the sauce base to get caramelized since this will affect the overall flavor of the tomato pasta.
- Remove the frying pan from the stove and add canned or fresh tomatoes. Return the skillet onto the cooker and gently stir the sauce until it combines.
- While the sauce is resting on low flame, prepare a cooking pot for making penne. Set penne into the boiling water and cook it for 7-8 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- When penne pasta is done, strain it well. Before adding pasta to the skillet, place fresh basil leaves in the simmering sauce. Cooking quickly destroys the taste of the fresh herbs, that’s why it is generally added last.
A Few Cooking Tips
Theflavor of this dish depends on which ingredients you decide to use. You can use fresh tomatoes when they’re in season. If you choose fresh tomatoes, place them in the boiling water for a couple of minutes. Afterward, remove the skin and the seeds before preparing the sauce. You can also use canned tomato purée or passata. When it comes to pasta, choose high-quality penne that will be tender yet firm when cooked. There is no specific amount of garlic you should use, so you can adapt it to your taste. It goes the same with fresh basil leaves.
Rakija Lounge offers a great variety of delicious dishes. A team of skillful cooking masters makes sure that every guest is comfortably accommodated and satisfied with luscious flavors and fragrances. Visit us, and try this incredible meal while enjoying a relaxing ambiance.